Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Glass over Plastic

The news coming out today that hard plastic bottles and containers containing Bisphenol A (BPA) that is harmful if ingested, shouldn't be too much of a surprise to people.

Parents with infants and small children and older folks with certain heart ailments are the most at risk, and there are some key pointers in the research that indicate a potential additional risk for diabetes as well, if a certain amount of this BPA substance gets into the system.

Here's the key:
Buy glass bottles and containers.
Only microwave (when you have to) using glass and no plastic wrap or lids (substitute glass lids to avoid splashing)
Don't wash plastic items in hot water in the dishwasher, or use powerful soaps on hard plastic containers
Purchase a water purifier/filter system for your home and office and use metal or glass transport containers
Also a good idea not to put plastic items in the mouth like pen caps, or hard plastic toys for kids

Overall, it's time to return to a simpler time in our kitchens and homes where the purity of glass and non-toxic materials prevails.

posted by hg blogger at 12:36 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home